A great idea for stocking fillers as Christmas fast approaches is making candles, polish, beer, soap, lip balm and more. Bee Craft Magazine is hosting a #BeeCraftLive on Hive Products on Wednesday 17 December.
Want to try to make a lip balm ahead of the chat? A simple recipe for honey and lavender lip balm:
- 40 ml olive oil
- 10 g beeswax
- 1 tsp honey
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- Heat the oil gently in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Add the beeswax, stirring till completely melted.
- Mix in the honey then pour into a warmed bowl.
- Add the lavender essential oil and stir quickly before the balm starts to set.
- Pour the warm balm into small pots and leave to set, then lid and label your honey and lavender lip balm.